Monday, May 09, 2005
- Why is a manhole cover round?
- How many cars are there in the USA? (A popular variant is "How many gas stations are there in the USA?")
- How many manhole covers are there in the USA?
- You've got someone working for you for seven days and a gold bar to pay them. The gold bar is segmented into seven connected pieces. You must give them a piece of gold at the end of every day. If you are only allowed to make two breaks in the gold bar, how do you pay your worker?
- One train leaves Los Angeles at 15mph heading for New York. Another train leaves from New York at 20mph heading for Los Angeles on the same track. If a bird, flying at 25mph, leaves from Los Angeles at the same time as the train and flies back and forth between the two trains until they collide, how far will the bird have traveled?
- Imagine a disk spinning like a record player turn table. Half of the disk is black and the other is white. Assume you have an unlimited number of color sensors. How many sensors would you have to place around the disk to determine the direction the disk is spinning? Where would they be placed?
- Imagine an analog clock set to 12 o'clock. Note that the hour and minute hands overlap. How many times each day do both the hour and minute hands overlap? How would you determine the exact times of the day that this occurs?
- You have two jars, 50 red marbles and 50 blue marbles. A jar will be picked at random, and then a marble will be picked from the jar. Placing all of the marbles in the jars, how can you maximize the chances of a red marble being picked? What are the exact odds of getting a red marble using your scheme?
- Pairs of primes separated by a single number are called prime pairs. Examples are 17 and 19. Prove that the number between a prime pair is always divisible by 6 (assuming both numbers in the pair are greater than 6). Now prove that there are no 'prime triples.'
- There is a room with a door (closed) and three light bulbs. Outside the room there are three switches, connected to the bulbs. You may manipulate the switches as you wish, but once you open the door you can't change them. Identify each switch with its bulb.
- Suppose you had 8 billiard balls, and one of them was slightly heavier, but the only way to tell was by putting it on a scale against another. What's the fewest number of times you'd have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?
- Imagine you are standing in front of a mirror, facing it. Raise your left hand. Raise your right hand. Look at your reflection. When you raise your left hand your reflection raises what appears to be his right hand. But when you tilt your head up, your reflection does too, and does not appear to tilt his/her head down. Why is it that the mirror appears to reverse left and right, but not up and down?
- You have 4 jars of pills. Each pill is a certain weight, except for contaminated pills contained in one jar, where each pill is weight + 1. How could you tell which jar had the contaminated pills in just one measurement?
- The SF Chronicle has a word game where all the letters are scrambled up and you have to figure out what the word is. Imagine that a scrambled word is 5 characters long:
- How many possible solutions are there?
- What if we know which 5 letters are being used?
- Develop an algorithm to solve the word.
Woman 1: 1 minute to cross
Woman 2: 2 minutes to cross
Woman 3: 5 minutes to cross
Woman 4: 10 minutes to cross
For example if Woman 1 and Woman 4 walk across first, 10 minutes have elapsed when they get to the other side of the bridge. If Woman 4 then returns with the flashlight, a total of 20 minutes have passed and you have failed the mission. What is the order required to get all women across in 17 minutes? Now, what's the other way?
Visit the list here
Saturday, May 07, 2005
తెలుగు వారం ... తెలుగు లోనే type చేద్దాం
తెలుగులో రాయటానికి చాలా softwares విడుదలైనప్పటికీ,
Online లో type చేయడానికి అవి అంతగా పనిచేయవు.
కింద ఇచ్చిన instructions, మీకు తెలుగులో ఎలా type
For the sake of convinience I'll instruct
First download these four files
1. Get Firefox browser from here
2. Get Telugu Toolbar plug-in for
Firefox from here
3. Get Pothana2000 telugu font from here
4. Get Uniscribe patch from here
Now let's hit the gear - Procedure
1. Install Firefox browser first.
2. Then install telugutoolbar
plug-in. to install the plug-in,
Open Firefox, Click on File > Open,
then locate telugutoolbar1.1.xpi
in ur harddisk
3. Install Pothana2000.ttf from Control
panel > fonts > file > install new font
4. Unzip Voltsupplementalfiles.exe
and locate usp10.dll in that folder.
Then Manually replace usp10.dll in
Windows system directory
(like c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32)with this
build. Don't forget to backup
the current version of usp10.dll
5. To render Indian language
text is not installed by default.
One has to install it from the control
panel. You may require Windows installation
disc for it
Open Control Panel
Open Regional and Language Options
Switch to Languages tab
Select Install files for complex
script and right-to-left
Now RESTART windows.
To type, start Firefox and before
typing select Telugu, in menu bar
To learn how to type, go to here
ఇంకా సందేహాలుంటే నాకు mail చేయండి.
నా ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, May 06, 2005
Small cricket flash game
U can download it from here, and play offline.
Thursday, May 05, 2005
The best Browser in the world
Adblock - Most wanted
Flashgot - To add D/M
Chromedit - To edit userchrome and usercontent
Linky - better handling of links
Minimize to tray - Rescues from BOSS
Tabbrowser preferences - For more tab prefs
Translate - integrates babblefish
undoclosetab - well, name tells it all
super DragAndGo - drag any link to open in new tab
reload every - perfect for MB
miniT - Tab handler
Download manager tweak - for more options
stop or reload button - single button two operations
X - To protect privacy
ardvark - perfect for printing On-line documents
FoxyVoice - Reads website for u
GreaseMonkey - profile handler
Spiderzilla - to download total website